Girl Scouts of Citrus
We are pleased to be partnered with the Girl Scouts of Citrus since the Summer of 2018! We offer a variety of Badges and Patches. Badges are a list of assigned courses the Girl Scouts must take, and once they do they receive the badge. Patches are fun courses for the Girl Scouts to take and earn Patches on their vests! Our Patch is broken up into three different Patches: Acting, Dance, and Music. For each patch course you take you receive the patch for that program. Make sure to get all three!
Jan 12; 10-12pm- World of Improv Patch – Ambassador\Senior
- In this class Senior and Ambassador’s will get to understand the different forms of Improv. Learning how to say “Yes, and”. Working closely with a team. Thinking quickly and able to take random suggestions from the audience and forming a scene out of it.
Feb 2; 10-12pm- Curtain Call for Public Speaking Badge-Cadette
March 2; 10-12pm- Beginners Acting Patch– Daisy
- In this class Daisy’s will be able to learn how to get up in front of an audience and speak. They will learn how to speak up, so they can be heard. We will go over how to be different characters and how to be still on stage.
April 6; 10-12pm- Make it shine, Troupe Performer Badge-Senior
May 4; 10-12pm- Monologue Delivery Patch– Brownie\Junior
- In this class Brownie and Juniors will learn how to deliver a monologue effectively. Being able to correctly portray the characters on stage is the foundation for any actress.
Jan 11; 5:30-7:30pm- Music World of Instruments Patch– Daisy
- Have fun playing songs and instruments from different places around the world! We’ll explore instruments countries like Spain, France, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more!
Feb 1; 5:30-7:30pm-Music Badge– JR
March 1; 5:30-7:30pm- Compose Music Patch-Brownie\Junior
- Listen and Learn how to write different styles of music from Pop, Hip-Hop, Rock, to Country, Folk, and Indie! We will also be writing our own song in the process!
April 5; 5:30-7:30pm- Pop Music History Patch – Senior\Ambassador
- Where does pop music come from? How did it begin? Who was the first “Pop Star” ever, and who is the greatest pop start today? Come and learn about your favorite music, and find out what makes pop music so catchy, interesting, and outright fun!
Jan 11; 5:30-7:30pm- Dance Appreciation Patch-Brownie\Junior
- In this class Brownie and Junior’s will learn how to have an appreciation for Dance. We will go through the different forms of hip-hop, ballet, ballroom, etc. and learn to have a respect for the different forms.
Feb 1; 5:30-7:30pm- Dancing Through the Ages Patch-Senior\Ambassador
- In this class Senior and Ambassador’s will learn how to dance through the ages! We will start with mid 1900’s style dancing and bring it to modern day.
March 1; 5:30-7:30pm- Beginners Dancing Patch-Daisy
- In this class Daisy’s will learn the basics of dancing.Watching their form and gracefulness while on the dance floor. We will go oversimple routines and work together as a group.
April 5; 5:30-7:30pm- Dance Badge– JR